ObjectivesGoodWeave India Trust was established with the following objectives:
- To work towards eliminating child labour in weaving and related industries through a streamlined focus on education access;
- To provide relief, protection and rehabilitation to child labourers engaged in industries such as carpet weaving and handmade garments;
- To promote elementary education for all school dropout children;
- To work in partnership with GoodWeave International, a proven and effective global charitable organization working to address child labour;
- To provide sustained relief and support to manual labourers and rehabilitated children by partnering with relevant governmental and non-governmental institutions;
- To promote community driven solutions to child labour;
- To facilitate collaboration among charitable organizations, government programs, and socially responsible businesses and advocate for improved working conditions for adult workers;
- To implement awareness programs and ensure that the manufacturers and companies engaged in carpets/garment manufacturing are aware about national labour laws and policies;
- To provide aid grants to help facilitate educational and health awareness programs in weaving communities throughout India;
- To build partnerships which can ensure that the social and economic status of the families engaged in carpet weaving is improved;
- To gradually ensure that industries operate ethically, and are socially and environmentally responsible;
- To support the government in eliminating child labor, and adopting adequate practices related to human resource management and environmental sustainability.
- Registration under Indian Trust Act 1882:
GoodWeave India Trust is registered in 2012 under Indian Trusts Act 1882 in Varanasi as a public charitable trust
- Registration under Section 12A of Income Tax Act 1961:
GoodWeave India Trust is registered under section 12 A of the Income Tax Act 1961.
- Registration under Section 80G of Income Tax Act 1961:
GoodWeave India Trust is registered under section 80G of the Income Tax Act 1961.
- Registered Address of the Office of the Trust:
S-14/81, A5 2ND Floor, Uday Complex, Maldhaiya, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh- 221002, Phone + Fax: +91 542 -2201172 , Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Foreign Grants Received
Under Prior Permission from MHA Government of India received on April 8, 2015. (Click below to see enlarged report.)
Profile of the Trustees
Ms. Prabha “Minty” Pandey has had a long career within the international development sector, particularly focused on child rights. Ms. Pandey was Country Director for Plan International, leading, directing and accountable for all country operations in Nepal (2001-2006) and in Thailand (2006-2009). Ms. Pandey has also worked for Save the Children Fund (UK) as Head of Regional Office in Bangkok, and as Program Director for North India and Sponsorship Officer in Save the Children's New Delhi Office.
Ms. Geeta Athreya is an independent development consultant for national and global governments and development agencies in the fields of health and education. For 20 years, she was an officer with UNICEF-India where she held senior roles -- Programme Communication for Child Survival and Safe Motherhood, Advocacy and Partnerships for UNICEF, Senior Communication Officer for Polio Eradication. Before UNICEF, Ms. Athreya worked as a resource person for bilateral and multilateral aid agencies and international development organisations including Ford Foundation, Dutch Water Mission, and Oxfam America.
Mr. Manoj Bhatt brings 20 years of experience managing community-based, multi-stakeholder and multi-million dollar initiatives. Prior to joining GoodWeave, he founded and directed Research, Advocacy and Communication in Himalayan Areas (RACHNA), a network of NGOs building green communities by empowering local entrepreneurs and businesses. Mr. Bhatt is recipient of the Ashoka Innovators for the Public Fellowship Award and the Ford Foundation International Fellowship. He holds a Masters of International Affairs from Columbia University and Masters in Political Science and Bachelor of Science from Garhwal University, Uttarakhand in India.