GoodWeave cultivates demand for child labour free rugs from India through consumer awareness campaigns in North America and Europe, using market forces to motivate rug producers to forego child servitude. GoodWeave labelled rugs can only be imported by traders who have signed a license agreement with one of our three importer country offices (Germany, UK, USA).
Please visit our international office websites to view list of licensee importers in different countries.
GoodWeave Licensee Exporters in India
GoodWeave now has more than 80 carpet exporter licensees all over India whose supply chains are regularly subjected to random, unannounced inspections to monitor any violation of the agreement related to deterrence of child labour. GoodWeave India has signed agreements with licensed exporters who agree to the following terms:
1. Not to illegally employ children
2. Not to use forced or bonded labour
3. To pay fair adult wages as per the govt. rules
4. To allow unannounced, random inspections by GoodWeave inspectors.
5. To notify GoodWeave of all sales of labelled carpets.