Join GoodWeave Certification Private Limited and be part of our dedicated team working with companies on deep supply chain due diligence to ensure rights of workers and families.
GoodWeave Certification Private Limited, Director – Full Time
POSITION LOCATION: Delhi NCR, India preferred
GoodWeave Certification Private Limited is affiliated with GoodWeave International, providing services to Indian companies who seek to be part of the GoodWeave International licensing and certification program that independently assures strong labor standards in textile supply chains.
GoodWeave International— a nonprofit organization founded in 1994 by Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi — is the leading international institution working to stop child labor in global supply chains through a market-based system and holistic approach. We partner with companies and local producer communities to bring visibility to hidden supply chains; protect workers’ rights; provide assurance that products are free of child, forced and bonded labor; and restore childhoods. Look for the GoodWeave® certification label on rug and home textile products.
GoodWeave Certification Private Limited provides inspection and monitoring services to licenced producers and their subcontracted supply chains participating in the GoodWeave program. The organization seeks a seasoned professional with considerable senior-level management experience to become the new Director. The Director is the top position, responsible for supervising (either directly or indirectly) a team of 18 in four offices across Northern India who plan, deliver and implement ongoing support for the certification program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead planning, development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of country operations and activities.
- Oversee company management and ensure strong organizational structure that enables staff training, oversight and support for four regional teams.
- Ensure financial, tax and legal compliance with government regulations.
- Implement quality control system of licensing and certification program formaximum impact.
- Ensure strong government, industry, worker and other stakeholder engagement.
- Ensure strong monitoring, evaluation and data management.
- Ensure all requirements (financial, donor, statutory) are produced efficiently andon a timely basis in accordance with organizational and government requirements.
- Work with the management team to develop ideas and plans to addressorganizational priorities and undertake strategic and operational planning exercises.
- Represent GoodWeave at relevant internal and external meetings.
- Conduct business planning for continual improvement of services and financial sustainability.
Skills & Knowledge
- Master’s Degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Proven leadership skills with strategic, planning and program execution.
- Experience reporting to a board of directors.
- Minimum five years senior management experience – preferably in an international, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Senior level experience in supply chain audit and inspection systems, as well as knowledge of Indian labor laws.
- Proven track record in building business relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of global labor rights issues.
- Experience with data management and technology systems.
- Financial management acumen.
- Ability to travel.
Pay commensurate with experience.
Application Requirements: Resume and one-page cover letter describing interest in
position, related experience and any other relevant information to the position to Indiapersonnel@goodweave.net.